R2 Unified Technologies Data Center Fabric integrates Cisco Unified Fabric, Cisco Unified Computing, and Cisco Unified Network Services. The uncomplicated, scalable, and highly secure data center fabric is designed to deliver any application to any location -- within the data center, across data centers, or to the cloud.
Meet changing data center needs with deployment flexibility; increase value with innovation, excellence, and solution differentiation.
Cisco Unified Computing System
The Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) is a next-generation data center platform optimized for virtualization that unites compute, network, and storage access into a single, cohesive system.
Server virtualization with Cisco UCS provides the following benefits:
- Consolidated workloads, raised utilization levels, and reduced operating, capital, space, power, and cooling expenses
- Ability to move workloads dynamically within a virtualization pool for greater flexibility
- Optimized performance and service levels
- Capability to scale existing applications or deploy new ones by creating more virtual machines using an existing pool of resources
- High-availability and disaster-recovery features
The Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) combines high-performance servers, high-speed networking, storage access, and virtualization into an integrated, smart infrastructure. Automatically configured through unified, model-based management, the Cisco UCS simplifies deployment of enterprise applications running in bare-metal or virtualized environments. Cisco UCS greatly enhances flexibility and reduces TCO. The Cisco UCS offers:
- A single converged system: Transcending the traditional boundaries of blade chassis and racks, Cisco UCS brings together server, network, and storage access resources to create a physically distributed but centrally managed system.
- Smart infrastructure: By abstracting the personality, configuration, and connectivity of server and I/O resources, these attributes can be programmed automatically.
- Unified, model-based management: The ability to associate a model configuration with system resources lets IT organizations consistently align policy, server personality, and workloads
- Unified fabric: By integrating IP, storage, and inter-process communication networks into a single I/O infrastructure, Cisco UCS simplifies cabling and upstream switching while delivering uniform I/O connectivity at no extra cost.
- Cisco Fabric Extender technology: The network fabric is extended directly to blade servers and virtual machines, with traffic meeting at a single point for consistent, centralized management and unprecedented visibility and control over virtualized environments.
An incremental deployment model and comprehensive partner ecosystem make the Cisco UCS the smart infrastructure choice for enterprise application deployments.
Cisco Unified Fabric provides a flexible and comprehensive data center network solution for delivering agile and cost-effective network services to servers, storage, and applications. At the same time it provides simplicity and improves user experience across dynamic networked organizations.
Cisco Unified Fabric solutions simplify the data center network by converging LANs and SANs, using Data Center Bridging (DCB), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), and unified ports.
Offering the best of both LAN and SAN technologies, Cisco Unified Fabric:
- Delivers high-performance, highly available networks to serve diverse data center needs
- Helps you take advantage of Ethernet's economy of scale, extensive vendor community, and future innovations
- Incorporates flexible, reliable Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) now available on the MDS and Nexus platforms.
Cisco Unified Network Services
Get dynamic, on-demand service delivery with consistently managed, policy-based provisioning, with Cisco Unified Network Services (UNS).
With Cisco UNS, you gain consistent, flexible service delivery across any Cisco Layer 4 through Layer 7 service, any form factor, and any location to:
- Improve application availability and security
- Enhance user productivity
- Deliver accurate performance monitoring
- Support network services on:
- Dedicated Cisco appliances
- Modules for switches and routers
- VMware virtualized platforms
- Deliver services from the network core or the computing edge, or from both