Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; they are nothing short of critical. Today’s technology solutions are catching up to small business needs and offering those businesses unique opportunities to level the playing field.
Five solutions small businesses need to thrive:
1. Analytics. Sound strategy and smart decisions are driven by data. The ability to harness timely, accurate, and targeted information gives small businesses the edge they need to compete in the marketplace. In the past, some technology solutions have been out of reach in terms of budget and scope. Today, there are viable options. Platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, for example, offer built-in analytics tools, and of course, Google is a go-to.
2. Cloud Security. Business runs on tech; there’s no way around it. For small businesses, IT is a significant challenge. Cloud-based technology solutions allow these organizations to utilize resources and time effectively and still maintain the data storage, sharing, and security features they need.
3. Mobile Apps. Most (94%) small companies believe that mobile devices make them more efficient. Simple apps (e.g., Evernote, Trello, Asana) allow smaller organizations the flexibility and reach they need to keep up with the pace of business.
4. Collaboration Solutions. To leverage top talent, to reach new markets, and to compete, small businesses often must utilize robust collaboration apps and programs. From Adobe Connect to Skype for Business, there are a myriad of options at your fingertips.
5. Live Video. Among the most pressing small business needs is engaging audiences. Small companies have to stand out from the crowd, and high quality, polished video is a remarkably effective avenue to pursue. Tech makes it easier and more cost-effective to push out compelling content that can be used across channels.
Small business needs are anything but “small.” These technology solutions, and many others, allow small businesses to accomplish key organizational goals on their terms.